I had had it!! The fighting in our house was driving me crazy and I was tired of threatening, bribing, and punishing. A few weeks ago at FHE we introduced the Compliment Jar. If one of the kids gives a compliment or does an act of service for a family member, the person they do it for gets to put a cotton ball in the jar. When it is filled up, we will get a sitter for the twins and take the three oldest out to Texas Roadhouse. Dinner that night after the lesson was the most peaceful one ever. It has helped with the fighting and is a work in progress.
I got a haircut, which was a big deal for me to get a wash, cut, and blow dry at a nice place thanks to Groupon...ah, it was fun to have someone pamper my head for a wee bit
The twins also got a cut, they had cute duck wings....
Baby B
They both had a cheerio stuck to their left cheek.
First time I've been able to volunteer at my kids' school. Becca and I are really good at pushing the play button for musical chairs :)
Brayden is walking now and Connor says "uh-oh and up"
Happy Valentine's Day!!! My Valentine gave me the best present ever. 2 boxes of chocolates. Why are chocolates so great? Because Ron knows that if I have a chocolate waiting for me at the end of the day that I can enjoy by myself while I clean up the tornado house, I am a happy girl-sometimes I even eat two for extra comfort ;)




5 comments:
Oh these are lovely pictures! Cute haircut Rachelle! But you always look beautiful! The Valentine pizza looks delicious. I can't believe the twins are walkers and talkers... can't wait to see them in a week! Jace looks pleased to have you two in his class. Good Job, Mom. Ronnie looks so mature- guess he's ready to be baptized now. Becca is a beautiful girl among the four brothers. Lovely family, Ron and Rachelle. We love ya'll.
Rachelle, you are one awesome mommy! :) Enjoy your chocolate.
I always need new terms to bribe my children with...I should start the jar! Your hair is super cute. Loving the bangs. I can't believe that Brayden is walking. Your heart pizza looks way better than mine did. And, love Ronnie's notebook page filled with his writing. Miss you guys.
I'm glad you were able to be "pampered" a bit :) You sure deserve it! Those twins are getting so big I can't believe it! Looks like fun times at your house.
PS I may introduce the compliment jar to Ricky and when its full we will get a babysitter for Gracie and go out on a date haha!
Thank goodness you were there to push the play button! Love the pizza with all the diverse toppings on it!
Post a Comment